Pirate 4x4 banner

Yet another SAS for the build thread

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Kaptain 
#1 ·
well all I'm currently uploading the pictures of my build onto my computer then I will donate my money to get my star and start posting my pictures on here. so anyway I have a 1987 Toy 4runner that has never let me down and now I'm giving back to it by giving it the proper solid axle. Sadly I kinda wish I would have been able to make all my stuff but I didnt have the time to do so but I purchased Trail gear's kit and so far I like it alot except for the frame tubes and jigs, which I am currently cuttting out using a hole saw and its taking a while. if anyone has anymore advise for cutting them out please share. ok Ill be postiong pictures tommorrow or later tonight. so thanks for letting me ramble. and talk to y'all later
-Jack

#4 ·
that's what I was going to do was to just hole saw both sides and then plasma torch those gussets out and then sleeve it then hang it then be happy. So My idea was in the correct direction. Thanks guys

#6 ·
4runnerboy said:
that's what I was going to do was to just hole saw both sides and then plasma torch those gussets out and then sleeve it then hang it then be happy. So My idea was in the correct direction. Thanks guys
Just plasma the whole thing then. That's what I did. Still a bitch to get those inner ends cut so it comes out clean, but it made it much easier with the plasma.

#7 ·
You don't need a torch or plasma. I cut the shackle tube holes with a Lenox Bi-metal 1-5/8" hole saw and the cuts are cleaner than any torch can do. I used a lubricant to aid the cutting and a 8" pice of 1/4" rod to guide the hole saw through the pilot holes I drilled on both sides of the frame. I'll see if I can post the pics, but the gusseting is like the upper half of a circle through the frame rail. Measure 10 times and cut once. :flipoff2:

#17 ·
alright I know its been a while and hopefully I can afford my star after the new year, but the suspension in the front is done, and I thought the rear would be done too, but stock chevy springs just arent up to par, they sit about 3 or so inches lower than the front and so now I have to get some 3 inch lift chevies, not a real problem to me except the money part, but anywaythose are the flex picks, thanks lucas. I was really happy with the front but the rear I wasnt so happy with, what size shackle did everyone use with moving their hanger 11" forward?? I'm using a 10" shackle and at ride height it sits ok but once it starts to flex it doesnt do much. oh well more updates after the new year when I can get it driving.
-Jack

#18 ·
Rear shocks

ok I've finally gotten my junk back on the road, I know this is kinda resurrecting the dead on this post, but at the current time I dont have any rear shocks, And I'd like to fix that cause it's kinda bouncy. so my question is this... can y'all post up some pictures of your rear shock hoopsId like to mount them like /\ but maybe another way?? but at this time I dont want to cut holes in my body other wise I'd do this l l so could y'all post some pictures, I tried searching, but it wouldn't load.
thanks
-Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.