Pirate 4x4 banner

Project Playtoy

55K views 233 replies 44 participants last post by  apeters89 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok i was not gonna post my build on pirate but i have some friends on here crying like babys....so here is the deal. A friend and I started this build friday night and partly finished with me to be able drive it back on the trailer just in time for UFC on saterday! Let me tell you there is still a lot of work to be done! But what is going to be happening is a SAS, take body lift off, cage/bed, anti wrap bar, inter cage bumpers and sliders. So on to the first part of the build we have the SAS.

See less See more
#3 ·
:beer: :beer: Look pretty nice. What did the alcon springs cost and where did you get them? Shouldn't there be a little more shackle angle on the front? Just curious?

#5 · (Edited)
There should be a little more angle on the springs and we are gonna play with that when i can get more shop time. and for the springs I got really lucky on those, a uselessdub found them for me in cali, and i paid 75 bucks for them.

uselessdub... cant beleive you didnt notice i trashed your shackles for some more better home made one and yes the rear flexes good :flipoff2:

#10 ·
I have another poser shot.......There is not weight at all in the back, and when i was sitting on the tire we got about 4 more inches of down travel. So im guessing when the bed and cage are in that i will get about 2-3 more inches of down travel...... Look at the frame height for a point of reference. I think its preaty darn good!!!! No thats not me in the pics its the man with the plan and skills im the just the go-fer on my own project .LOL

#24 ·
I said it last time and I'll say it again this time. We HAVE to get some damn dust mask. I'm still blowing grinding dust out of my fawkin nose 2 days later. :D

Glad you were able to get it done man. Sorry I missed your calls phones beed on quiet.

#28 · (Edited)
Bed Hoop and Bed Frame,

Side shot

End of Bed

Nick Socha weldn the sliderz

Down bars

Cross Bar added to back of cab.

I will be getting some side profile shots this afternoon, it was dark, last night and my camera was bein stupid. There is still a lot of work to be done, but im very excited the way it has turned out. I cant thank Nick enough.
There will be some updates very soon, I ordered a tool box for the back, and when that gets in we will be flooring the bed, and adding the spare tire carrier. And hope fully some NEW tube doors, and front bumper. Well let me know what you think and thanks for all the comments!

pH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.