Pirate 4x4 banner

CNC plasma gantry kits now on sale!! (Build your own table save $$$)

231K views 614 replies 140 participants last post by  Defect 
#1 · (Edited)

www.STARLABCNC.com
New for 2017 is our MEGA series Star Lab machines. We are able to make 8x40 travel Star Lab machines. But we also do 4x4,4x8,5x10,6x12 and 8x12.

Specs

Servo driven
Ultra fast response controller
MaxPro200 or Autocut200 (Hypertherm Powermax series can also be integrated)
1000ipm rapids
225ipm Z axis
Waterbed with angles sides
Up to 480"s of travel

See less See more
#7 ·
Linear V rails
Torque is balanced to gantry weight/power requirement and acceleration speed
1000ipm
1000ipm
No need for reduction these tables have a perfect balance of speed and torque

Cost on a 4x8 gantry is $5300

#10 ·
Mach 3 is included as far as software goes and the cam that works the best and fastest is sheetcam that is $175.00. You will need a CAD system (cheap and even free systems online)

Sorry Toddy we do not sell just electronics our rails, gantry and motors are balanced.

#11 ·
Maybe a silly question but for me it's important. Is it OK to put casters on the frame for moving around? I have a very small shop and I keep wanting to pull the trigger on one of these and about the only way I can do this is to have it mobile. I guess the better question is how level does it need to be to work properly?

#12 ·
Yes you can easily put casters on a machine as long as the casters can handle the weight. You can have a pretty decent amount of unlevel area before these machines will even notice. Because of the way the motors integrate into the gear rack you shouldnt have an issue.

#14 ·
No you can use a machine torch or a hand torch. We supply a standard size clamp for the torch head if you need anything else its $40

#17 ·
You will like the X and Y axis they are un-crashable! Chris check the contents carefully and make sure nothing is damaged upon arrival.

#18 ·
Will do, electronics get here tomorrow and I'll get them mounted to the bottomside of the computer table. Hopefully the gantry gets here early next week.

I'm going to add another cross-brace in since I made my table loadable from 3 sides. Looks like I'm going to need to from this pic so the slats have something to rest on.

#27 ·
Just squeezed the gantry kit in the back of my ZJ, shipped unscathed Matt. I think it would have to fall out of the truck and get run over by the vehicle behind it to hurt your plywood packaging!

Hopefully do some test cuts tonight!? Have to finish wiring up the plasma.

#28 ·
Sounds great cant wait for your progress. Verify Z axis when you get it unpackaged and home. I didnt know you had a ZJ shoot I think I have had 6 of those! I plan on buying another this year for a another shop truck and possibly a mean build on one as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.