Pirate 4x4 banner

Another K5 Build

9K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  pdxblazer 
#1 · (Edited)
here is a few pics of the K5 i have been building for about a year now.

curently running
tbi 350
turbo 350
atlas 10:1 4speed case
60 front with cromo shafts super joints and a detroit and psc full hydro 4.10s 52 in springs and a zero rate on a custom hanger.
14 bolt rear welded, disc brake conversion, 4.10s 56in springs diy shackle flip and a zero rate
high angle drive shafts
42 in tsls on h1 wheels with custom rock rings

just after paint on 44 in boggers

on 42s with h1 rims

See less See more
#22 ·
I love the atlas, gives me plenty of gear selection to run a little bit of every thing. with the 350 and 410s the 2.7 works great in mud and snow, and 3.8 for rocks. i only use the 10.1 on steep dry rocks, its nice to be able to crawl when i want to.

#29 · (Edited)
pretty nice build. how come with all the other mods ya got no highsteer? i woulda figured that to be a first mod, getting that steering up out of the way.

#30 ·
When i first put it together the springs were too arched to run high steer, the connecting rods would have been directly in the middle of the springs. Not only that i have seen quite a few knuckles busted with high steer and full hydro steering. I am gathering parts to coil over and links, so when i do that it will be getting solid knuckles with high steer.

#32 · (Edited)
So i took it out again for a great day of wheelin. on the last trail we hit for the day i think i blew up the front detriot. Will pull it all apart tomarrow after work to see exactly what is wrong. How often do D60 detroits fail, and how hard is it to warrenty one i have been running this detroit for less then a year now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.